BALTO'S TRUE STORY

History of the 1925 Nome Serum Run

Gold Mining

« Back to Album Photo 12 of 12 Previous | Next
From 1905, a prospector's log & sod cabin, situated somewhere on the Nome beach (probably southeast of town). This was all too common for itinerant, migratory miners and prospectors who had no other permanent dwelling in town. And there's the old prospector sitting out on a bench in front of his place.
Posted by togoseppala on April 25, 2008 Full Size| Slideshow